Post by Wreck on Jan 10, 2020 3:03:13 GMT
As I alluded to in the cooking contests thread, I'm putting together the next one as we speak. I wanted to give everyone some more information to allow time to prepare. I've signed on Danky to help me with this one as there is a ton of preparation on our part. This cooking contest will be different than the others I've facilitated in the past (simply submitting your ideas for voting on the forums). This time, we're going to incorporate a mini-game into it for some extra fun. As the title suggests, we are going to do this one Chopped style (similar to the TV show). If you've never watched Chopped on the Food Network, I suggest looking it up and familiarize yourself with it. It's a great series! I think I've come up with a way to Wurmize this contest, so hopefully it feels fair and most importantly is fun. The end goal from all of this is the same, to submit your custom recipes for consideration to be included in the Sklotopolis Cooking System.
When: The contest will take place on February 1st @ 8pm UTC.
Where: Zheddmar Docks, at the Impalong Site used last year, in the Chopped Cookhouse.
Here's the jist of how this is going to work...
- Anyone who is interested in submitting a recipe idea, will need to be present at the time of the game. Plan for about an hour (or 2 tops) we'll need your engagement.
- There will be assigned judges (likely staff members or others appointed that are not participating).
- Everyone will be presented with a basket. In this basket will be ingredients that must be in your recipe in some fashion.
- The participants will be timed to finish creating their dish before being judged at the end.
How do you move on and get a shot at having your recipe included in Sklo?
- We will do multiple rounds. An appetizer round, a main course round, and a dessert round.
- Each round the judges will "chop" someone, narrowing down to the top participants. Reasons for being chopped will range from style, ingredients used, or not finishing in the allotted time for example.
- Depending on our turnout, we will try to end up with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. Those recipes will get included into Sklo, with 1st place's recipe being named after them.
- There are 10 cooking stations. If we get more than 10 participants to sign up, we will adjust accordingly.
I would suggest having some backup ideas. You never know what will be in those baskets